Elder John Wesley | Email: email@example.com
Elder John Emery Wesley is the first son of missionary parents (now deceased), Pearldene I. Wesley (Jeffers), who was originally from East End, Grand Cayman, and Pastor James P. Wesley, from Manchester, Jamaica.
Elder Wesley, who is married to Dr. Tempora Minaya-Wesley, a native of Dominica Republic, is father to three children, Timothy Wesley, Giovanni Wesley, and John Emery Wesley, Jr. He has one daughter-in-law, Xochil, married to Giovanni.
Elder Wesley earned a bachelor´s degree in accounts and an MBA from the International College of the Cayman Islands. He also holds an LLB (Hons) from the Cayman Islands Law School, and is currently pursuing a master’s degree in law from the University of Liverpool.
His 23 years´service in the Cayman Islands includes 17 years in the Ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. His various roles have included auditor, chief accountant, assistant director of communications, secretary/treasurer of Adventists Layman Services and Industries (ASI), treasurer for the George Town Church, and stewardship director of the Cayman Islands Conference.
In addition to his current role as treasurer of the Cayman Islands Conference, Elder Wesley has worked at Coopers & Lybrand (now Pricewaterhouse Coopers), Truman Bodden & Company (now Higgins & Johnson), Cayman Islands High School (now John Gray High School) and Innovative Management and Professional Training.
Elder Wesley is passionate about preaching about Daniel and Revelation and has conducted many seminars in Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, Massachusetts, South Carolina, California, and the Dominica Republic.
The Stewardship Department
The mission of the Stewardship Department is to emphasize the lordship of Jesus Christ, to enhance the integration of the gospel into the Christian lifestyle, to encourage faithful stewardship, and to facilitate the individual, corporate, and leadership dimensions of stewardship as partnership with God.
The General Conference Stewardship Department will have the following prioritized focus:
- Developing and promulgating a biblical approach to stewardship ministries.
- Refining, expanding and implementing a stewardship certification process and curriculum.
- Training division and union stewardship personnel as leaders and trainers.
- Integrating and cooperating with organizational administrators of different church entities.
- Developing and/or coordinating materials appropriate for the world field and encouraging local materials which are consistent with the overall stewardship philosophy and vision
- Training of conference/mission and church personnel as part of the process of modeling and training division and union personnel.